Preparatory Golf Meeting
11th January 2013
1. Welcome : Travis welcomed everyone to the meeting and for the help with a smooth take over from John.
2. Present : Travis (St Benedict’s), Bobbie (St Benedict’s), Janine (Dainfern), Hardus (Curro Aurora)
3. Apologies : Colin (St Benedict’s), Ross (Dainfern), Jon (St John’s Prep)
4. Absent : Patrick (St Dunstan’s), Ruan (De la Salle), Marijke (Fairland), Michael (DSJ), Jacques (Jan Celliers)
Golie (Saheti), Martin (St David’s), Steve (St Stithians)
5.Term 3 season report : Everyone was happy with the season and the overall participation of the boys. We enjoyed end
of the Term tournament at Kyalami Country Club.
6. Weekly Fixtures : Weekly fixtures will remain on a Tuesday afternoon; however the format for the weekly fixtures has
been revised for 2013 to Stroke play format. Please may all schools give their input on the format
and the rules below.
Rules for weekly fixtures
- Schools will still section their players into A and B sections.
- For a player to make the A section they should have an official Handicap of 18 or below
- For a player to make the B section they will have an official handicap above 18 or be unofficial.
- All boys will play for strokes and if they are 3 over par they pick up.
- Lowest strokes win.
- Boys will be ranked across all schools on a website run by Hardus from Curro Aurora.
- A section will play at one course hosted by one school
- B section will play at another course on the same day by another school.
- Every school must have one turn to host a fixture.
- Each school may send maximum of 4 players to the A section fixture and a maximum of 4 players to the B section.
- There will be a maximum of 16 players at each section fixture. 4 four balls to tee off each Tuesday.
- If your school can’t field 4 players for each fixture, it is still ok to participate as it is Stroke play.
- Each four ball will be selected randomly to encourage sportsmanship and interaction between boys from different schools.
- Boys in the B section who don’t have official handicaps should be encouraged to join a club to get an official handicap.
- Players 12 years and under tee off the ladies tee no matter which section they fall under.
- Players 13 years will tee off the men’s tee no matter which section they fall under.
- All players will adhere to the Golf Course rules
- All players must adhere to the School golf uniform (School rules apply)
- All coaches and players should be encouraging enjoyment and participation ( Winning isn’t everything)
- Each school must cover their own costs for the fixture; the host school must inform all participating schools of the cost by the Friday before the fixture.
- Before each fixture starts all players must come together for a general rule update.
- All schools must arrive for fixtures by 14h30 to start by 15h00.No prize giving after weekly fixtures; main prize giving to be held at end of term tournament
7. End of Term Tournament
- An end of Term tournament will be held and hosting will be rotated by each school.
- All schools should donate or get sponsors for prizes at the tournament.
- All boys should get a prize no matter how big or small for participation through the season.
8. 2013 Term1 Dates
- A term planner will be sent out to all schools. Please can you all fill in the dates that you can host fixtures so we can fill up the Term planner?
- Dainfern will be hosting the A and B section on the 4th March. This is an exception as it is a Monday.
- Patrick to please confirm the hosting of a section at Benoni or Ebotse on the 28th January.
- Janine is looking into a joint tour to George from the 5th – 8th April.
- As a league we can look at sending the top 6 golfers from the rankings to the U13 Nomads.
- Can every school please update the contact list attached so we can start a full mailing list from the first fixtures.